CESIE is a European centre of studies and initiatives, established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of the sociologist Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
Our mission: is to promote growth through innovative and participative educational approaches.
- The world to become only one creature.
- The World is a pomegranate:
CESIE’s pomegranate symbolises the ‘fruitful’ unity of people and groups growing together under the same peel. CESIE’s pomegranate grows on all types of grounds becoming for us a symbol of prosperity in education.
CESIE breaks with an ethnocentric global drive and focuses on individuals and diversity. Doing so, we apply the teaching of Danilo Dolci who developed innovative educational non-violent methods (such as the “strike in reverse” –working without pay- through which individuals initiated unauthorized public works projects, by and for the grass-roots in the ‘50 in Sicily)
- To improve lifelong education in Europe through transnational projects involving local communities
- To promote sustainable development of neighboring regions and beyond through training and education
- To foster progress and innovation in Higher Education and Research
- To support learning mobility for people at all ages, across borders and sectors
- To stimulate local growth by adapting international good practices and methods